Members of Canada’s centrist New Democratic Party (NDP) caucus sing the Stompin’ Tom Connors song “Bud the Spud”, which is about a character who — unlike the fraudulent Conservative senator Mike Duffy — lives in Prince Edward Island. The guitarists are Charlie Angus and Andrew Cash, who were professional musicians before being elected to parliament.
In response to the death of Connors, our treasonous and hypocritical Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper — a terrible amateur musician and singer — said: “At this key juncture, I hope [Canadian music fans] can now build for themselves a better, brighter future based on the principles of freedom, democracy, the rule of law and respect for human rights.”(Legal disclaimer: not a real Harper quote about Connors).
- ponyplease reblogged this from rantingcanadian and added:
- astheshadowslovethecastle reblogged this from rantingcanadian
- belligerentblogging likes this
- skullcavern likes this
- meineigenesblog reblogged this from rantingcanadian
- meineigenesblog likes this
- rantingcanadian posted this